Blogging/Blogging and making money?

Hi Vin,

I'm interested in blogging I have a 6 month old and I make home made baby foods so would be interested in doing a blog about weaning and recipies and building up on it as she grows.

What I'd be interested to know if I could make a bit of a profit by doing so and how it works to get money from the site and in general how I go about it and crete traffic - Can I use a site like wordpress or do I need to buy the domain name once set up? Basically just want to know where to begin and do I start blogging straight away or get a fair amount of info on blog before make it public?

Thank you for your time :-)

Hi Amy,

Start blogging straight away and do it with a passion 24x7.  Make the blog public from the start.  Keep adding original content every day and check response from comments coming in.   You can go in for a domain name from the start.

Only after you start getting traffic you can add advertisements to blog sidebar and eventually make money.

Join a baby foods forum and start answering queries from forum members and put your blog link in your signature line on the forum.

All the best!

All questions about Google Blogger, blogging, make money via blogs, templates, adsense, ppc, google, seo, search engines can be answered.

I have been answering questions at Google Blogger Help Group for last three years and am designated as Official Blog*Star. See Profile : More than 30,000 messages posted over 2 years.

The Blog*Star Help Group is a private group of Bloggers dedicated to help people through the Google Blogger Help Group : I post as panther (Vin) and have more than 30,000 messages posted .

My Blogs :

Post graduate in Medicine and diverted to Blogging for last three years.

Official Blog*Star 2006-2008