Blogging/Blog vs Website

Hello. I recently got into affiliate marketing, and I am in the process of setting up a blog or website through Basically the site will feature my interests, hobbies, collections, etc, and the blog or website will be about fashion, jewelry, history, style, hair, beauty, royalty, health, current events, celebrity gossip...that's the gist of it.

At first, I wanted to create a standard website, but then a few close friends recommended that I begin with a blog. I am very confused, and before I begin, I have a couple of questions.

1. Is a blog or website better for what I am planning to do?
2. If I choose a blog, I would really prefer it to look as much like a standard website as possible, so would you prefer Blogger or Wordpress?
3. Is a good choice?
4. I want to place unlimited ads on my site, and need a good amount of space. Are and Wordpress good choices for this?

Thank you.

Hi Susan,

The website is a stationary site which showcases your products.  A blog is where you post daily about your products and hence it is dynamic site with content changing daily.

Better to have both site and blog as in the latter you can talk directly to your customers.

Start with Blogger and then if you want move on to wordpress.

Godaddy is nice.

All questions about Google Blogger, blogging, make money via blogs, templates, adsense, ppc, google, seo, search engines can be answered.

I have been answering questions at Google Blogger Help Group for last three years and am designated as Official Blog*Star. See Profile : More than 30,000 messages posted over 2 years.

The Blog*Star Help Group is a private group of Bloggers dedicated to help people through the Google Blogger Help Group : I post as panther (Vin) and have more than 30,000 messages posted .

My Blogs :

Post graduate in Medicine and diverted to Blogging for last three years.

Official Blog*Star 2006-2008