Bluebirds/woodpeckers ruining my bluebird boxes

Question
Is there any way to prevent woodpecker from drilling holes in my bluebird boxes?  They have hit 2 of my 4

Answer
Yes. I have the same problem and there are ways to prevent it or to fix it if it has already happened. On new boxes to prevent it you can fasten squares of sheet metal, wood, formica or similar materials with 1 and 1/2 holes in them over the entrance. I just have 4 X 4 inch squares of 1/4 inch plywood with 1 and 1/2 holes and just tack them over the damaged entrance.

If you don't already have my free Bluebird book please send your mailing address to me at walshaw1@cox.net and I will send one to you. More than 3000 are out across the U. S. and Canada. Good luck! Bluebird Bob Walshaw.

Bluebirds

Bluebird Bob Walshaw