Bluebirds/female bluebird behavior

Question
We have a female bluebird that has been around our house for several weeks.  They have not built a nest as of yet and the birdhouse is clean.  The female will flutter around our house pecking on all the windows.  We put another house on the other side of our house, but she still flutters and pecks.  Sometimes she and the male will sit on our porch swing which is at a window.  I really think she makes it around our house daily peaking at each window.  What to do?

Answer
Depending on where you live it may be a bit early for the actual nesting. The female is seeing her reflection as competition. Just hang some strips of Mylar in front of the windows. Also she will stop when she lays eggs and starts incubating. and yes, you should have more than one box as you will often lose some and also some other birds may claim the nest first. If you don't already have my free Bluebird book please send your MAILING address to me at walshaw1@cox.net. Good luck. Bluebird Bob Walshaw.

Bluebirds

Bluebird Bob Walshaw