Bluebirds/bluebird chick left in nest

Question
I have a bluebird nest box from which 3 of 5 chicks fledged this am..there is one live chick and one dead still in the box.  I have seen the parents back a couple of times, still feeding it.  Should I remove the dead chick & how long will the parents keep feeding the last one in the box?

Answer
Always remove dead birds as soon as you see that they are dead. It is not an unusual situation for some of them to die. Regarding the one left, it may have been a late hatch and usually the parents will keep feeding it until it fledges. If not there may be a health problem and Mother Nature may not want it to join the gene poool. Let nature take its course. Also if you don't have my free Bluebird book please send your mailing address to me at walshaw1@cox.net. Good luck, Bluebird Bob Walshaw.

Bluebirds

Bluebird Bob Walshaw