Bluebirds/Bluebirds seem to have abandoned babies ready to fledge

Question
My Bluebirds seem to have abandoned their house. The male started flying into the sliding door glass, we closed the curtain, didnít help any.  They both land on top of their house and flap their wing but wonít go in.  I saw them looking at other houses.

Mom & Dad opened their box and slid the nest out on a board. Itís full of pine needles and they look ready to fly but seemed lethargic. The babies are fully feathered and should be moving around. We were wanting to know the best thing to doÖMaybe there is a dead baby? Why wonít the Bluebirds go in their house. There is a Sparrow we have been after but no luck yet. We will though!

Answer
That is odd. Sometimes tha babies act lethargic so as not to encourage predators. Also the adults may be trying to get the young to fledge (leave the box.) And even more of a stretch but not totally unusual a predator may have gotten the parents and the ones that you are seeing are a new pair. Watch and tell me what happens - use my email address walshaw1@cox.net. Also if you will send me your mailing address I will send you my free Bluebird book that will make you experts. Bluebird Bob Walshaw.

Bluebirds

Bluebird Bob Walshaw