Bluebirds/Undecided bluebirds

Question
I have had a pair of bluebirds since the beginning of May, I also have 6 nest boxes on my acre and a half property. The bluebirds built a nest in one and disappeared for 2 weeks. Tree swallows came and built nests in 2 others boxes while bluebirds were gone and then finally decided on one box. Bluebirds return and have issues with wanting the tree swallows nest box, a week later they take another un occupied nest box and take 4 days to complete.  3 days pass and no egg laying, many mating displays have taken place while building nest.  After the 3 days the bluebirds take another nest box which the tree swallows had built nest in, the female takes another 3 days and builds bigger nest.  They disappear for 2 days now they are looking at nest box they originally built in at the beginning of May. I have had tree swallows and bluebirds nest every year in my nest boxes however I have never witnessed bluebirds being so in decisive. What's going on?

Answer
That is reaally odd but I never fail to be surprised by the actions of wildlife. Growing up dirt poor in a little town in New Hampshire we had many a meal of squirrels, but today nearly 80 years later is the first time I have ever seen one without a tail. Many birders who have both Bluebirds and Tree Swallows pair boxes 15 feet apart and often Bluebirds will take one and Tree Swallows the other and they will help each other fight off predators. Just be patient and see what happens. Also if you will send your mailing address to me at walshaw1@cox.net I will send you my free Bluebird book. Good luck, Bluebird Bob Walshaw.

Bluebirds

Bluebird Bob Walshaw