Board Games/1940's or 50's submarine vs. battleship/destroyers board game

Bob wrote at 2008-12-05 01:57:57
Dave, I have been trying to find a copy of that game as well, I remember playing at our local park in Ferndale in the 1950's.  I think the game was called 20 to 2, Twenty battleships and 2 subs.but I haven't had any luck.  I have no idea who manufactured it but I would love to get a hold of one.  Maybe someone out there is cyberspace will be able to clue us in.

Bob

Stuart wrote at 2014-10-03 17:47:54
I was searching for this game is well. I lived in Detroit in the 50s and 60s and remember vividly. I'm also trying to find the game. I recall it was called 20 to 2.

But you would move your pieces if you had the 20,  (destroyers as I recall) from dot to dot, Down and left or right. Mainboard was probably about five or seven columns wide At the bottom it kind of looked like a Tic Tac Toe board of 3 x 3. The subs could move diagonally up-and-down left and right. Only the subs could jump. I don't recall if the subs could ever come out of them 3 x 3 area.  But the object was to get it so that you could move your ships were they couldn't be jumped and then clog up the port.  

Stuart wrote at 2014-10-03 18:18:23
I found it!!

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameversion/244728/dearborn-industries-edition

I lived in Detroit and played it in 50's and 60's. As from Dearborn Industries must have been a local game.  

Board Games

Mickey Hollander