Board Games/football board game

I remember playing a football game that I played with cards. I would lay down the card with a play on it then I would lay an almost plastic like see through card on top of the paper card to see how the play developed. I remember my dad had bought it for me for xmas in the 70s and I cannot remember the name of the game. Please help I know it would be almost impossible to try to purchase this game but I would like to try.

I think I'll need your help with I'm going to give you a link to look at with a bunch of football games.  Look at the name and the dates and see if they look familiar and then click on the name and scroll down the page to see photos.  Hopefully you can find it in the list.
If not, please add any other details to the description and we'll go from there...  

Board Games

Richard Q Davis

I can answer questions about many boardgames - rules questions, parts questions, name questions, how to modify your games, how to store games, which games to buy if you are on a budget, especially recommendations on which game to play or buy or give. I do not answer questions about online games.

I currently own over 700 boardgames and have played board games regularly since I was 5. I can find a game for anyone! Tell me what you like or what you've enjoyed doing in the past and I can find the right game for you. I am great at finding photos, values, rules, etc.

The only education I have on this subject is research and experience playing the games.