Board Games/Antique Football Game

QUESTION: My father played a football game in witch there were play sheets around 8 by 10 inches. One player picks an offense the other picks a defense sliding the sheets into the game board, then  turn on a light  lighting up the play. I don't know the name or the maker of it, would love to find out. Thank you Ken

ANSWER: It looks as though someone else offered a suggestion, but I think I'm going to have to agree with them. It looks like you're looking for the ABC Monday Night Football game.

Here's a link to it on Board Game Geek:

Take a look and if that's not it, let me know. If you can get me some other information (Were there dice, real players, did it look old or contemporary?) we should be able to track it down.

Hope this helps!

QUESTION: It not Monday night game. This game has large play sheets, the sheets look like how you dawl out plays on a chalk board. Offense slides the entire sheet into the board game, the the defense slides his sheet in. Turning on the  lights shows threw both sheet if the defense sheet intersects the offence then the play ends. Remove the sheets then picks plays again. Sorry I'm being such a pain  Ken

Hey Ken,

First off, you're not being a pain. I have every right to say "No, you're being a pain, I'm not going to answer", but as you can see, I'm not going to. :)

I MAY have found the right answer... take a look at this:

It matches your description quite a bit better, so it might be what you're looking for. Take a look and let me know if it's right or not :).

If not, I'll keep looking.

Board Games

My expertise is fairly broad on board games. I've been collecting board games since I was old enough to count and have over 700 games in my still growing collection. I spend my spare time playing and teaching games, including doing demonstrations at stores. I don't have much experience with wargames, but when it comes to American games and/or most Eurogames, I can offer advice of the concepts in a game, and what kinds of audiences it might appeal to.

I've been an avid board game player and collector for over 20 years. I own more then 700 board games personally, and spend a significant amount of time both teaching and playing these games.

Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Math.