Board Games/Scrabble Word Power Game International Tournaments.

Scrabble Board Game.
Scrabble Board Game.  
Dear Dante‎

What is the eligibility required for participating in Scrabble
Board Game International Tournaments ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hey Prashant,

Your question doesn't have a simple answer. The international tournaments are monitored by World English-Language Scrabble Players Association ( There are rules that WESPA has set down for individuals who wish to run an international English tournament, but they don't establish rules on how the individual tournaments may or may not dictate participation.

Put another way, let's say I want to run an English Scrabble tournament. I would petition WESPA for the right to do so, but they wouldn't come back and tell me "In order for a player to participate they must XXX or YYY." I can stipulate those rules myself.

So, the question isn't a specific one. You would need to locate the specific tournament you were interested in participating in, and contact THEM to determine eligibility. WESPA has a list of currently sanctioned tournaments, so check there to see if there's one in your neck of the woods.

Sorry I can't be more specific than that.

Board Games

My expertise is fairly broad on board games. I've been collecting board games since I was old enough to count and have over 700 games in my still growing collection. I spend my spare time playing and teaching games, including doing demonstrations at stores. I don't have much experience with wargames, but when it comes to American games and/or most Eurogames, I can offer advice of the concepts in a game, and what kinds of audiences it might appeal to.

I've been an avid board game player and collector for over 20 years. I own more then 700 board games personally, and spend a significant amount of time both teaching and playing these games.

Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Math.