Board Games/Polygon Shaped Board games.

Dear Richard

Will it be difficult to design and construct all Board games geometrically viz scrabble, monopoly, snakes and ladders, ludo etc where maximum number of players can exceed 4 ?.

Games like Chess, Checkers can be excluded as it is a 2 player game.

The advantages could be more number of players can play the Board Game. i.e. n>4.

As a example, The scrabble board game rules will remain the same, more tiles has to be constructed for the same.

For example : Hexagonal Scrabble Board, Pentagonal Monopoly,
Octagonal snakes and ladders, decagon ludo game etc.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hi Prashant,
I've actually experienced games that have been modified to include more players.  Some of these work quite well.  Others do not.  Most game designers have experimented with the number of players and settled on the optimal count and when the game is modified to a larger number, it breaks or doesn't play well.
Some games will never be multi=player.  Some games have expansions that add another 1-2 players to the base game.  
So, to answer your question, yes it is possible and depending on the game the challenge ranges from easy to difficult to impossible to do it.
If you have a specific game in mind that you want to discuss further, I would be happy to do it.

Board Games

Richard Q Davis

I can answer questions about many boardgames - rules questions, parts questions, name questions, how to modify your games, how to store games, which games to buy if you are on a budget, especially recommendations on which game to play or buy or give. I do not answer questions about online games.

I currently own over 700 boardgames and have played board games regularly since I was 5. I can find a game for anyone! Tell me what you like or what you've enjoyed doing in the past and I can find the right game for you. I am great at finding photos, values, rules, etc.

The only education I have on this subject is research and experience playing the games.