Board Games/'50s football board game

I'm trying to locate a football board game from the '50s for two people. The game pieces consisted only of defensive players for both sides, who were labeled star, 2nd string or scrub, with their strength hidden from the opposing side. You called a play (pass, run, punt, etc.) and a position and then drew from a pile of play cards which told you the result, depending on that player's strength. The quarter ended when the deck was finished. It also allowed for field goals, punts, extra point kicks, etc. You could substitute players on each play to replace a low-ranking player who would allow more yards. Thanks for your help.

Hi Eric,
Thanks so much for your question.  I have previously received an email from another person about this game which was sent to my online boardgame business at Don's Game Closet.  We spent a considerable amount of time working with our game partners and doing our own searches in an attempt to track down this game and had no success.  We always enjoy the challenge in helping folks with this kind of thing and we were very disappointed in not being able to find an answer.  Fortunately, this is a rare occurence.  We are sorry we are unable to help you with this game, however if you do find out which game this is, please let us know ASAP.  We are wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Board Games

I have expertise with answering questions about American board games since 1950. I have a special interest in family games. If I don't know an answer, I can assist with finding helpful resources. I am not an expert with answering wargame, eurogame and online board game questions.

I have served as a community guest speaker on board game topics. I enjoy researching and discussing various aspects of board games. As a group therapist, I have used board games for therapeutic purposes.

I have graduate degrees in education and counseling.