Board Games/college football and pro basketball board game

Question

Here goes -looking for a college football board game I PLAYED IN THE MID SIXTIES. it was spinner driven ,did not have player cards had a roster sheet of college teams with player names. It was a simple game to play, only had about 6 plays.
Also a PRO BASKETBALL GAME SPINNER DRIVEN AND HAD PLAYER CARDS WHICH DROVE THE ENGINE .All outcomes corresponded to numbers on te player cards.
These games could have been same company ,I cannot remember the name of the company-it is not Negamco. I have been searching for 10 years and come up with nothing. Any HELP?
thanks,
David

Answer
Hey David,

I did some research and I couldn't come up with anything specific. I checked every football game I could find published before 1969 and came up empty. However, I have included a link here to a board game geek search that flags ALL sport games published between 1940 and 1969. For most of the games, it includes a picture of the cover. It's possible that you'll see the cover and that'll jog your memory. Unfortunately, the geek doesn't specify football as a category, only "sports", so you'll have to glance through the baseball and sailing games too.

Thankfully, as of today, there are only about 4 pages, so the search may be a reasonable one. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help than this...

Best of luck,
Dante

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeksearch.php?action=search&advsearch=1&objecttype=boa

Board Games

Dante