Board Games/Chess moves automated recording machine.

Question
Dear Don

Is it possible to devise a Chess moves automated recording machine which will record the chess moves?
The machine is kept besides the chess clock. This will eliminate the chess moves manually written by the chess players.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Hi Prashant, Great question.  There is already a device called a Plycounter that records chess moves for an entire game.  It is used by chess enthusiasts, but is not allowed for use in tournaments.  Here is a link (you can copy and paste) to a webpage of a video on how to use it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSzTuSimTGE   
I hope this information is helpful to you.
Kind regards,
Don

Board Games

Don