Board Games/Chess moves automated recording machine.

Dear Don

Is it possible to devise a Chess moves automated recording machine which will record the chess moves?
The machine is kept besides the chess clock. This will eliminate the chess moves manually written by the chess players.

Hi Prashant, Great question.  There is already a device called a Plycounter that records chess moves for an entire game.  It is used by chess enthusiasts, but is not allowed for use in tournaments.  Here is a link (you can copy and paste) to a webpage of a video on how to use it:   
I hope this information is helpful to you.
Kind regards,

Board Games

I have expertise with answering questions about American board games since 1950. I have a special interest in family games. If I don't know an answer, I can assist with finding helpful resources. I am not an expert with answering wargame, eurogame and online board game questions.

I have served as a community guest speaker on board game topics. I enjoy researching and discussing various aspects of board games. As a group therapist, I have used board games for therapeutic purposes.

I have graduate degrees in education and counseling.