Boat Repair/replacing power trim

Question
I need to replace the power trim on my 77 johnson 115.I would like a little "step by step" on the right way to do this job.I have allready been told im going to have to remove the engine from the boat.

Answer
ok good luck.... ok take off engine ,pull steering tube and cable. remove the nut that holds steering cable nut.. with motor hanging, remove the three bolts that holds the trim motor to the housing ,  be careful, the small three bolts that holds the trim motor in place...you an going to have a torch and heat the bolts so you don't break any bolts .. if you break any off the the trim unit assembly will need to be removed an well   ,,

What is wrong with the trim ??   Why are you going to repair/replace ...

are you referring to the hydraulics or assembly ,  where the check valves are ??

Boat Repair

Everett Peacock