Boating/Does boyuancy increase?

If you put a inflatable sleeping pad inside a rubber fishing boat and sit on it. Does the buoyancy of the boat increase or is it useless if you want to increase the overall buoyancy?

Your buoyancy comes from the water your boat displaces. About 68 lb. per sq. ft.  Because the inflatable is inside the boat you don't gain buoyancy.  If you strap it to the died like the river rafters do, then you displace more water and gain buoyancy.  The inflatable does do a nice job of keeping water form filling up the hull dropping displacement.  Thanks for the question, most people only want to know how to start their motor.

Harvey Chichester

I can not answer questions on motors, or mechanical problems. I have expertise in marine paints and coatings including Antifouling, non-stick, Teflon, epoxy, urethane, high build skid resistant finishes and primers.

A well published principal of Durall Marine Products, a company with more than 40 years experience in developing special flow-coatings for industrial and consumers. Products developed are for Sailboats, Power Boats, and Ships. See for online information about Durall and its products. Family history includes Sir Francis Chichester single handing around the globe. Admiral Edward Chichester, Superintendent of the British Navy. Rosalie Amelia Chichester, a female yachtsmen flourishing in the Victorian Age. John Chichester, made a fortune in the privateer business and captured a ship with 1200 lb. of gold off the coast of Ghana. Admiral John Chichester helped to defeat the Spanish Armada in 1588 aboard the HMS Larkey.

St. Croix Sailing Club. Coast Guard Auxiliary Vice Commander

Sindicated in most on line Article source sites.

MBA, BSB, BA University of Minnesota

Sailing trophys for Ranger 23 Tall Rig. AUXOP, Boat Crew, Coxswain ratings for Coast Guard Auxiliary.