Bodybuilding/Weightlifting World Records.

Weight Lifting
Weight Lifting  

Weight Lifting
Weight Lifting  
Dear Harry

What is the approach or process a fitness trainer in Gymnasium will suggest for a person who says "I want to create a world record in the next Olympic games for my country in both "Clean and Jerk" and "Snatch" Category by lifting Maximum Number of Weights" ?

Is Body building and Weight lifting are two different categories ?

Can Body Builders like Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger
and all other Body Builders achieve this feat ?

Is it the sheer strength, might and power required for this achievement ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Weightlifting is the lifting of the heaviest weight you can. Bodybuilding is the process of building muscles through repeated lifting of weights, followed by a 12 week diet in order to make the muscles prominent. The two cannot be compared in the way that you describe.

Harry Hayfield

I would be able to answer questions relating to the history of bodybuilding (dating back to pre history), find contests in the area (given a zipcode or town name) and suggest music to pose to based on bodyweight and genre of music.

I know over 200 bodybuilders personally and have helped 20 win local, national and international titles through advising about locations.

Natural Physique Association (UK) and ICBBA (International Christian BodyBuilding Association)

None (as I have been self taught)