Bonanza/Entire Bonanza DVD set

Question
I see that Amazon offers the entire Bonanza DVD set, but want to make sure what I'm getting...it offers 431 episodes which is 14 seasons on 113 DVD's for $129.00 reg. $299.00. Will this in fact cover ALL of the episodes, or would there be some missing?  Please let me know if there is a better deal out there somewhere.

Answer
Hi Charlene

Thanks for your inquiry.  The only 'officially' sanctioned Bonanza DVDs are the ones that are being put out that are entitled The Official x season. They have done seasons 1 -4 with the 5th season coming out in February. The set you are seeing is one that is pirated - which means the images are pretty grainy and sometimes even have commercials. The pricing is better and yes there are 431 episodes - but in this case you get what you pay for. I don't know of a better deal but I do know that the Dvds coming out now from CBS Paramount Home Entertainment are very high quality so it depends on what is important to you.  I am collecting each of the official seasons myself - I feel like I've waited for them forever and they all have decent extras.

Bonanza

Jerri Barrett