Book Collecting/bible question

Hi! I have a bible from my great grandmothers passing. It was her grandfathers. It is the fine art edition s.s. teachers combination copyright 1895 king james version. Thank you so much! I am very curious about it;  it is a beautiful book.

Thank you kindly,

Hi Taylor,

Many thanks.  Although most probably a handsome volume, it is not of any great commercial value, as most good homes of that period would have had a family bible.

It would realise little in the marketplace and is best kept as a family item.

Book Collecting

Tony Fothergill

With over 30 years of experience I can assist with questions on most subjects relating to book collecting, and antiquarian books. I specialise in books on the arts, literature, gardening, architecture, travels to Italy and France, as well as manuscripts and documents.

I have been a leading rare book dealer for over 30 years. I am a member of the main Book Trade Associations, ABA, ILAB, and PBFA. A council member of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association, and in 2014 Chairman of the International London Rare Book Fair, held at Olympia. My shop was established in 1948.

Antiquarian Booksellers Assocation - International League of Antiquarian Booksellers - Provincial Booksellers Fairs Association - Ephemera Society - Booksellers Associations

B.A. English Literature

For over 30 years I have dealt with leading international institutions and private collectors worldwide.