Book Collecting/antique books

I have several books with copy rights dating from1849. Leaflets of memory. The last days of Pompeii dated 1946. I have others. Are these books worth anything? I also have a Encyclopedia of America History by Richard B. Morris. No copyright date.
Can you please advise me.
Ps.. any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Dear stacey,

Many thanks for contacting me.  Leaflets of Memory was an annual publication, and copies are currently bring offered for sale at around $50 to $150 depending on how fine the binding is, as some are very decorative.  The Last Days of Pompeii is a late edition of a book by Lytton first published in the 19th century, and of little commercial value. The Encyclopedia again has very little commercial value, and would I think not be purchased by a dealer for re-sale.

I hope this helps, and please do rate me if you get a chance.

Best wishes

Book Collecting

Tony Fothergill

With over 30 years of experience I can assist with questions on most subjects relating to book collecting, and antiquarian books. I specialise in books on the arts, literature, gardening, architecture, travels to Italy and France, as well as manuscripts and documents.

I have been a leading rare book dealer for over 30 years. I am a member of the main Book Trade Associations, ABA, ILAB, and PBFA. A council member of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association, and in 2014 Chairman of the International London Rare Book Fair, held at Olympia. My shop was established in 1948.

Antiquarian Booksellers Assocation - International League of Antiquarian Booksellers - Provincial Booksellers Fairs Association - Ephemera Society - Booksellers Associations

B.A. English Literature

For over 30 years I have dealt with leading international institutions and private collectors worldwide.