Book Collecting/Harlots Ghost

Question
Hello!
I am hoping that you can help me?
I have a hardcover copy of the book ''Harlots Ghost''by Norman Mailer..Inside he wrote ''To David Hartmand, Cheers Normal Mailer. It has never been opened and it has never been read
I bought it for 6.99$ while working in a book store, thinking that, in years to come, it would have appreciated in value.
Was I right?

Answer
Hi Lisa,

Although this has gone up in value, signed copies are not uncommon and you can generally obtain one in the region of $30 to $60.  He also published a special signed edition limited to 300 copies.  Resale on personalised signed copies can be less, as the inscription means less to another owner, and shows it was not made to them.

Hope that helps.

Book Collecting

Tony Fothergill