Book Collecting/old books(no jackets)

QUESTION: I have a variety of old books with no dust jackets. They are from the early 1900's. Where can I sell them? How much are they worth without jackets?

ANSWER: Thank you -  dust jackets make a very big difference to the retail price of books from the early 1900's - but without knowing the title of the books it is impossible to give more information. If you send an image of the books I can certainly advise.

kind regards

QUESTION: what kind of pictures do you need and I'll send them

ANSWER: Just several representative images of a few of the books and wrappers, so I can get a better idea of them.  Please send as small size otherwise they may go into the spam filter.

American State Government
American State Governm  
QUESTION: I have more than this too

Very many thanks, on these titles the dust-wrappers would not make a huge difference in price.  I think the best thing to do is to look at this site and you will find copies of some of them listed, and then perhaps contact the selling dealer who is nearest to your home town. I hope this helps.  Best wishes.

Book Collecting

Tony Fothergill

With over 30 years of experience I can assist with questions on most subjects relating to book collecting, and antiquarian books. I specialise in books on the arts, literature, gardening, architecture, travels to Italy and France, as well as manuscripts and documents.

I have been a leading rare book dealer for over 30 years. I am a member of the main Book Trade Associations, ABA, ILAB, and PBFA. A council member of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association, and in 2014 Chairman of the International London Rare Book Fair, held at Olympia. My shop was established in 1948.

Antiquarian Booksellers Assocation - International League of Antiquarian Booksellers - Provincial Booksellers Fairs Association - Ephemera Society - Booksellers Associations

B.A. English Literature

For over 30 years I have dealt with leading international institutions and private collectors worldwide.