Book Collecting/antique bible

I have an antique pulpit bible published in 1844. Leather bound and in very good condition. Could you tell me if this has any value please.

Hi Julie,

Thanks very much for contacting me. These are still very common over here in the UK, and we get offered at least 2 a week at the shop. A really nice example in perfect condition with brass clasps sells for about $150.

If there is any wear then the value drops a lot and we tend not to buy them.

hope this helps

Book Collecting

Tony Fothergill

With over 30 years of experience I can assist with questions on most subjects relating to book collecting, and antiquarian books. I specialise in books on the arts, literature, gardening, architecture, travels to Italy and France, as well as manuscripts and documents.

I have been a leading rare book dealer for over 30 years. I am a member of the main Book Trade Associations, ABA, ILAB, and PBFA. A council member of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association, and in 2014 Chairman of the International London Rare Book Fair, held at Olympia. My shop was established in 1948.

Antiquarian Booksellers Assocation - International League of Antiquarian Booksellers - Provincial Booksellers Fairs Association - Ephemera Society - Booksellers Associations

B.A. English Literature

For over 30 years I have dealt with leading international institutions and private collectors worldwide.