Book Collecting/Charles Dickens "The Old Curiosity Shop"

Question
The Old Curiosity Shop
The Old Curiosity Shop  
I have a hard cover (red) book by Charles Dickens titled: The Old
Curiosity Shop published by: W. L. Allison Company in New York
but cannot locate a date anywhere in it. After doing some research on this book I am assuming that it would have been published some-
where between 1869, (when William L. Allison began publishing) and
1890, (when the Allison plates were purchased by the Lovell's). Am I correct in assuming this and is there any way to find out what the
actual publishing date was?

Answer
Dear Lorie,

Thank you very much for your query.  I have found records of other Dickens titles published by Allison which are all dated c1890-1893.  The British Library have one, but date their's later at c1914, but I think that may be incorrect.

I hope this helps

best wishes

Tony

Book Collecting

Tony Fothergill