Book Collecting/Signed edition

Question
Hi, I have a book that is "The History of the Baptists" by Thomas Armitage that has his signiture on his picture in good condition except that the binding is coming off. I am curious to know how much it is worth?  I also have a book entitled "The Story of the Greeks that has a copywrite date of 1808 by Guerber Is the book worth anything?

Answer
Dear Linda,

The Baptists is quite a common book, and a very nice copy could be bought for around $80 max. In this condition it has little commercial value.  I think the signature is printed as part of the plate rather than handwritten.

The Greeks is also rather common, and of no real commercial value.

I hope this helps.

Tony

Book Collecting

Tony Fothergill