Boston/Blown Away, Jeff Bridges

Bob C wrote at 2009-07-09 00:22:59
The outdoor scene looks like it's shot from an abandoned building at or near the old Soldier's Home in Chelsea (which is on a hill). The view is looking across the Mystic River towards Charlestown, the Tobin Bridge, and the Bunker Hill Monument.

Mark wrote at 2010-05-19 00:45:19
This is intended to be a statue of St. Sebastain. Saint Sebastian (died c. 288) was a Christian saint and martyr, who is said to have been killed during the Roman emperor Diocletian's persecution of Christians. He is commonly depicted in art and literature tied to a post and shot with arrows.

Mustrum Ridcully wrote at 2010-10-06 01:50:34
The building where Max was "blown Away" is now condos in Charlestown. Was originally a Catholic school which was closed in a cutback by the Archdioses of Boston.

cb wrote at 2011-04-18 22:56:18
I don't know about the movie, but the statue you describe is probably St Sebastian, a Catholic martyr killed by the Roman emperor Diocletian

kan wrote at 2013-01-13 21:08:35
Can you tell me please where is this statue placed in boston?

Thomas wrote at 2016-06-21 02:54:13
The location is Orchard Hill, Bunker Street, Charlestown, Boston.

Coordinations is : 4222'52.28" N  7104'03.98" V

Even looks almost the same today.

Hope this helps.

Nicholas Cifuentes

I can answer any questions you might have about Boston. Be it geography, lifestyle, family, entertainment, education, sports, tourists questions, and all the above. If you can think of it, I can certainly answer it without question.

I have been a Boston resident for the past five years, and have experienced so much this city has to offer.

I have worked personally for two Boston area newspapers, and was the former Senior Online Editor at WHDH-TV, 7News in Boston.

I hold a B.A., M.A., and currently finshing an MBA at Harvard University.