Boston Celtics/Celtics

Question
Hello, I am  huge celtics fan!, I was just wondering if you think Rajon Rondo is the best point guard in the league? And if not, who is in your opinion? Also, Where does Larry Bird rank for you as one of the greatest players to ever play the game? Thank you!

Answer

I don't think Rajon Rondo is the best point guard in the league, but he surely is there with the best of them. I would single out Chris Paul as the best point guard. Rajon is great but we all know he is not a great outside shooter.

In my opinion Larry Bird is one of the ten best players ever. It is difficult to compare players from different ages and playing different spots, my measuring stick is always the impact they had on the league, and if the league was "watered down" or they had good competition. To me, the best is still Bill Russell, who won at every level (NCAA, Olympics, NBA) and whose teams won with him and lost without him.

Larry Bird was the second best Celtic ever but he did not dominate as Russell did: Russell always won against Chamberlain, Larry sometimes lost against another great, Magic Johnson. Still, two great players who changed the complexion of the game.

I hope this helps

Fabio

Boston Celtics

Fabio Anderle