Boston Terriers/2 year old Boston and new puppy. URGENT!

Question
Hello. We have a 2 year old Boston Terrier named Maggie with lots of health issues. Health issues are: Brachiocephalic,Trachea is half the size it should be,too much tissue around esophagus, allergies and all the rest of the breathing issues Boston's have. Even with that Maggie is a very happy loving dog. Enjoys life to the fullest. Our vet has hounded us on getting another Boston for a year now and said it would greatly help Maggie and extend her life? So we brought another puppy home over the weekend and it's been the exact opposite. Maggie cannot stop drooling and reverse sneezing. Drooling so much that she's aspirating and we had to take her to an urgent care clinic yesterday. She is back home now after they gave her medicine to control regurgitation and some relaxants.From the start though she has been very uncomfortable around the puppy. Not eating,looking very sad and distant from the family. The only time she kind of perks up is when the new puppy is in the crate. Not sure what to do? My biggest concern is getting Maggie to calm down and stop drooling because if she aspirates too much it can turn into pneumonia. It's been a very stressful few days. We thought we were doing a good thing by adding a partner but it seems to have done the exact opposite.I love the puppy but if it's going to make Maggie's conditions worse then I'm thinking of returning the puppy.Please if anyone can help with suggestions or answers I'd appreciate it.

Answer
Hello Thomas;  I don't think this was a good choice;  A dog that is out of the puppy stage would have been better for your Gal.  I have NO idea why the Vet wanted you to get another dog;      There is not much you can do for Maggie.  I would return the pup to the breeder if possible;  It's a hard thing to do but you don't have many choices.
I wish I could say something more positive.
Sorry that I can't be much help:

Marie Peppers LPN MA

visit my blog
http://www.bulldogvitamin.com

Boston Terriers

Marie Peppers dog nutrition consultant