Whiskey/Bourbon/Bottle of scotch whisky

Question
I have a bottle of sandeman scotch whisky very old contents 13 fluid ozs, Edinburgh bottled under commonwealth supervision. never been opened was thinking about wetting my new grandchilds head or investing if it is worth anything? hoping you can help thankyou xx

Answer
Hi Karen:

Sandeman was actually part of Sandeman and Roy who were merchants for the Blair Athol Distillery.

Back then...it was not a big hit.

So what you have there, if the seal isn't broken, is a bottle of mid level scotch not high in dollar worth.

So...if by "wetting my new grandchild's head" means drinking to celebrate you new position as "grandma"...open her up and see if you like it.

No matter what the taste...congratulations on becoming a grandmother!

Whiskey/Bourbon

Ralph Onesti