Whiskey/Bourbon/1969 Old Fitzgerald sons of Erin

My grandmother is moving to a retirement home and while we were cleaning up her house my step-mother found an unopened still sealed 1969 Old Fitzgerald 6 year old whiskey in a "Sons of Erin" porcelain bottle.  Since my whole family is from Ireland she gave me the bottle.  I am not much of a whiskey drinker is the bottle worth anything or should I just display the porcelain bottle.

Thank you,

Hi Sean:

There is no real accrued value in this old bottle.

The whiskey inside is as good...or as the day it was bottled!

Keep it around for a conversation piece. If you're not much of a whiskey drinker, don't crack that seal. Oxidation is the enemy of any distilled product.

I hope that helped!

Ralph Onesti

Whiskey, or Whisky only please. Any questions regarding the distilling and consuming of Whiskey: rye, bourbon, or scotch. Wines and Brandy are out of my area. I can not value old bottles of whiskey. But generally, if you can find something similar on sale today, and your bottle seal is unbroken, that would be the current value.

Mentor status in the Kentucky bourbon circle

Kentucky bourbon circle, Jack Daniels Tennessee Squire

Engineering studies at Temple University and Drexel U.