Whiskey/Bourbon/1969 Old Fitzgerald sons of Erin

Question
Ralph,

My grandmother is moving to a retirement home and while we were cleaning up her house my step-mother found an unopened still sealed 1969 Old Fitzgerald 6 year old whiskey in a "Sons of Erin" porcelain bottle.  Since my whole family is from Ireland she gave me the bottle.  I am not much of a whiskey drinker is the bottle worth anything or should I just display the porcelain bottle.

Thank you,

Sean

Answer
Hi Sean:

There is no real accrued value in this old bottle.

The whiskey inside is as good...or as bad...as the day it was bottled!

Keep it around for a conversation piece. If you're not much of a whiskey drinker, don't crack that seal. Oxidation is the enemy of any distilled product.

I hope that helped!

Whiskey/Bourbon

Ralph Onesti