Whiskey/Bourbon/Jack daniels collectors tin

Question
QUESTION: I have a jack daniels tin a green tin with two glass the bottle is 700mls 43 per cent the side has the last gold medal palm leaves Amsterdam 1981 the container base states container manufactured by barringer,wallis and manners. Mansfield England since 1890 how old is this bottle an tin set an what would it be worth the bottle is still sealed an the tin is in good condition

ANSWER: Hi Michael:

As stated in my profile, qualifying collectibles, etc. not about the whiskey and in the AOR of antique dealers etc.

However, I have seen these go for around 75.00 liquor included, sealed of course!

This particular commemorative, if I am correct was done in the late 1970's and early 1908's.

The condition of the contents of the bottle, seal in tact, is as good as the day it was bottled.

This was the then normal 86 proof edition.

QUESTION: Hi thank you for the reply what do you mean by the than normal 86 proof edition is that how i can i find i u der so the whole set is only worth $75.00 the tin glasses an bottle

Answer
Hi Michael:

A while ago Daniels was bottling at 43% which translates to 86 proof unlike today where it is bottling at 80 proof.

I have seen the tins without the bottle selling for from 20-49.00/

The Black label was 90 proof while the green was 80. in 1987 it (black label) was reduced to 86 proof, then again in 2002 to 80 proof.

You bottle was a special at 86 proof (43%).  

Whiskey/Bourbon

Ralph Onesti