Bowling/Pin placement to ring finger postion

I'm buying a gravity nano. I stand around board 20-18 throw at around board 8, my walk path is a little to the right(may be 5 board difference) I normally run around 190 average. I like a early to mid-lane hook rather than a hard back end. Where would be the ideal pin placement in reguards to the ring finger. I'm right handed and I get very lazy with my lift, I'm looking for something when I get lazy but the ball will still finish near the pocket.
Thank you

Louis, telling you where to place the pin is a guessing game. Obviously, your speed, whether you spin the ball or forward roll the ball comes into play. An important aspect of your question is, what are the lane conditions you will be playing on? Are they oily, medium, or dry? Are those same patterns short, medium, or long in distances down lane. Each house has a tendency to be different to offer some variety to its customers while still offering a good scoring environment.
  Since you have decided on purchasing the Nano, please look at storm's website for your release characteristics. It presents ball paths for Strokers, Tweeners, and Crankers. Your style and ball layout may be best served by a drilling presented on their "download" tab.
  When drilling a ball, pro shops and coaches must consider all the things mentioned above and if a bowler tracks high or low to the finger holes.
  If I suggest that you pin your ball above your ring finger, this could cause your bowling ball to go straight with no reaction. If I suggest pinning it to 1 o'clock or 3 o'clock and you track low, this could cause your ball to react too soon and end up making your shot go brooklyn most often.
  Finding your Positive Axis Point(PAP) on one of your current bowling balls is your best start.  Your pro shop professional can help you do that, along with identifying whether your track high on your bowling ball or low. Use a ball that you like that doesn't hook a lot.
  Keep in mind, when drilling a "big" ball such as the Nano, most bowlers are looking for the reaction to roll early, smooth, and strong through the pins. Such is the case when your may be leaving ten pins, or just corner pins in general.
  Often these "big" balls carry their pins lower than the ring finger depending on your individual speed. Again, lane conditions, style of delivery, and the ball, need to match up. Otherwise, you could be wasting some serious dollars.
   In summary Louis, there are several things to consider. Check out storms website for the Nano. See what type of bowling style is yours. See your pro shop staffer and see what they recommend. The first consideration is always getting the correct ball for the lane condition, then match the bowlers style and speed to that. Finally after that is done you may be able to fine tune the surface of the ball to give you excellent results. Thank you for your question.
   If push comes to shove, consider a simple 1 o'clock drilling with the pin to the right of your ring finger. However, instead of kicking the CG to the right which may make your ball too strong down lane, kick the CG to the left and let it come through and in line with your thumbhole. You need to redrill the ball in the future and make it stronger. Moving the CG to the right will provide a fresher track surface and will keep the previous thumbhole out of your track when redrilling. Always keep in mind, surface changes have the most affect on ball reaction. Often it will move a ball path as much as five boards left down lane. -Coach

Gary L. Oatis, USBC Silver
Las Vegas, NV.

Purchase my book of bowling adjustments!
#### True Bowler Adjustments ####)))

"They know how to bowl, show them how to adjust!"-Coach  

Gary L. Oatis, PBA Coach and USBC Silver Level Coach, PBA Member, Pro Shop Staff Member

I am the author of True Bowler Adjustments bowling book. I can answer bowling adjustments questions dealing with the body, the ball, the lanes and using your eyes to read the ball reaction. I can also answer "most" drilling questions about bowling balls. I will generally answer your questions within 2 days. I am truly a "software guy" who loves the human or people part of coaching. Any questions concerning ball drilling, we want to direct to the "hardware guy," the true expert regarding ball fitting! Ball fitting is what I consider to be your first priority in bowling! Thanks in advance Warren!!! It will always be about teamwork with me! A very special "thanks in advance" for any help with drilling questions I may receive! If your question is about "How to bowl better? physically and mentally," I am here for you. Anything else will most likely be sent to the question pool for consideration by other members. I recently began my first year of ball drilling(6/1/2010). Thank you. :-)

20 years in bowling as a coach and player. Annually I coach over 250 bowlers. Author: True Bowler Adjustments Bowling Book Facebook Testimonies: Facebook contacts 5000+!/TrueBowler

PBA Member USBC Coaches Association Member USBC/PBA Media Member Bowling Writers Association of America Member

True Bowler Adjustments bowling book,Author - Copywrite 12/2008 Radio shows - "Let's Go Bowling" and "The 13th Frame Radio Show" / Jan 2010 feature article in The National Bowling Association (TNBA) Magazine pg.29, writer Dustin Markowitz - March 25, 2012-What Happened to Bowling#16 Los Angeles Senate (TNBA Online Newsletter, "Ask Coach Oatis") 1500 members Questions Answered - 300 Responses.

Gary L. Oatis,MSgt,USAF(Ret.) Associates of Science in Radiological Technology (we x-ray the cores of bowling balls as practice phantoms sometimes!) PBA Coach and USBC Silver Certified Coach Journeyman, Pro Shop Staff Member, Nadeau-Haynes Bowling Supply, Las Vegas, NV.

299's, 297's, 290's, 288, no 300's or 800's "yet!"

Charles Nibert - USBC Senior Masters Champion and Alaskian State Champion Randy Stiedl also of Alaska recently shot 800! Numberous PBA Regional Bowlers who compete across the US. Zach Hattori $64,000 scholarship winner from Las Vegas, NV. Shawn Crossley, $10,000 Amateur Bowling Tour Winner 05/2011. Haley Rubin of Sioux Falls, South Dakota, won $7,500 in scholarship funds at the prestigious North Pointe Competition helded in Las Vegas, 2010. Lareece Chambers first female to bowl a perfect game in her bowling center, Victorville, California. Most enjoyable, are my local Las Vegas bowlers. Many have won their 1st ABT or JBT tournaments with my help. I am grateful to every bowler who puts their trust in me. Helping them apply bowling knowledge to reach their goals is truly the best fun I have ever experienced in my lifetime.