Bowling/Legend yellow dot bowling ball

well now i am 74 years of age been bowling 50 years or so i have bowled 16 300 games in league and 2-800 series ok that was in my younger years now i can only avg 160 as all these reactive ball are too much for me .i have found a yellow dot ball in a 13 pound weight which is what i am throwing .. i want to know if i have this y/d drilled would it work on fresh wood lanes i ask because i still have good revs but only 9 or 10 speed so would the y/d have time to work ? i used to bowl with black angle,& black u-dots and especially loved the y/dots please let me know if the y/d would work for me as a primary ball and how would you drill it
thank you much

Hi Larry, I think you hit a winner choosing the Legend Yellow Dot bowling ball. Back in the 1980's Columbia was tops when it came to urethane 3 piece balls. Urethane is the way to go with wood lanes. Reactive Resin balls will grab the lanes a lot stronger than urethane.
 I use urethane on drier house shots, and wood lanes. When you need to control the pocket and use less hook, urethane is the way to go.
 As far as a layout, I can only recommend taming the ball down as much as possible by moving your CG to the center of your grip or moving it in-line with your thumb hole.
 If you track low your pin will be around your fingers. If you track high, you will want your pin to the right of your ring finger.
 In the end, your pro shop should be able to place your pin in the right spot for you. You did your job by getting the right ball for the lane condition. That is the 1st priority in bowling ... always! Great job! -Coach

Las Vegas, NV. (It's a great bowling book!)

Gary L. Oatis, PBA Coach and USBC Silver Level Coach, PBA Member, Pro Shop Staff Member

I am the author of True Bowler Adjustments bowling book. I can answer bowling adjustments questions dealing with the body, the ball, the lanes and using your eyes to read the ball reaction. I can also answer "most" drilling questions about bowling balls. I will generally answer your questions within 2 days. I am truly a "software guy" who loves the human or people part of coaching. Any questions concerning ball drilling, we want to direct to the "hardware guy," the true expert regarding ball fitting! Ball fitting is what I consider to be your first priority in bowling! Thanks in advance Warren!!! It will always be about teamwork with me! A very special "thanks in advance" for any help with drilling questions I may receive! If your question is about "How to bowl better? physically and mentally," I am here for you. Anything else will most likely be sent to the question pool for consideration by other members. I recently began my first year of ball drilling(6/1/2010). Thank you. :-)

20 years in bowling as a coach and player. Annually I coach over 250 bowlers. Author: True Bowler Adjustments Bowling Book Facebook Testimonies: Facebook contacts 5000+!/TrueBowler

PBA Member USBC Coaches Association Member USBC/PBA Media Member Bowling Writers Association of America Member

True Bowler Adjustments bowling book,Author - Copywrite 12/2008 Radio shows - "Let's Go Bowling" and "The 13th Frame Radio Show" / Jan 2010 feature article in The National Bowling Association (TNBA) Magazine pg.29, writer Dustin Markowitz - March 25, 2012-What Happened to Bowling#16 Los Angeles Senate (TNBA Online Newsletter, "Ask Coach Oatis") 1500 members Questions Answered - 300 Responses.

Gary L. Oatis,MSgt,USAF(Ret.) Associates of Science in Radiological Technology (we x-ray the cores of bowling balls as practice phantoms sometimes!) PBA Coach and USBC Silver Certified Coach Journeyman, Pro Shop Staff Member, Nadeau-Haynes Bowling Supply, Las Vegas, NV.

299's, 297's, 290's, 288, no 300's or 800's "yet!"

Charles Nibert - USBC Senior Masters Champion and Alaskian State Champion Randy Stiedl also of Alaska recently shot 800! Numberous PBA Regional Bowlers who compete across the US. Zach Hattori $64,000 scholarship winner from Las Vegas, NV. Shawn Crossley, $10,000 Amateur Bowling Tour Winner 05/2011. Haley Rubin of Sioux Falls, South Dakota, won $7,500 in scholarship funds at the prestigious North Pointe Competition helded in Las Vegas, 2010. Lareece Chambers first female to bowl a perfect game in her bowling center, Victorville, California. Most enjoyable, are my local Las Vegas bowlers. Many have won their 1st ABT or JBT tournaments with my help. I am grateful to every bowler who puts their trust in me. Helping them apply bowling knowledge to reach their goals is truly the best fun I have ever experienced in my lifetime.