Bowling/bowling ball

what is the best bowling ball for a person who is left handed and throws a fuller roller

Hello Jerry, The best ball for a full roller, is the same process you have to go through for all bowlers. Although the drilling of your bowling ball is radically different from the conventional drillings, you basically need to address the same items.
     First, the lane condition you bowl on. Is it dry, medium, or oily? Second, how heavy is the ball you want to use? Third, do you project the ball fast, medium, or slow? Fourth, do you spin the ball or rev the ball, slow, medium or fast? Fifth, is your approach speed slow, medium, or fast? Sixth, what are the lanes like, are they synthetic, guardian urethane overlay, or wood? Lastly, combine all these factors with how often you bowl..., will provide information to your local pro shop staff so they can make a wise "recommendation" on your behalf.
     Since a full roller uses the entire circumference of the ball, it is very important that how much the ball "flares" is also included in the equation. If you get a ball that has a high flare potential your tracks may flare over the thumbhole and lose traction for you down lane.
      From my experience, a symmetrical solid ball like the modern marvel by storm has been a great option for many of my full rollers. It's has a earlier hook potential than most balls of its caliber and makes an excellent benchmark ball to build an arsenal around.
       In summary Jerry, there are obviously many factors to consider. Your local pro shop is very important to successfully finding the right ball for the lane conditions you bowl on. Topping it off, you can bowl in front of these professional and they can guage your athletic ability on the spot. Thanks for your question. Enjoy the new year! -Coach

Gary L. Oatis, PBA Coach and USBC Silver Level Coach, PBA Member, Pro Shop Staff Member

I am the author of True Bowler Adjustments bowling book. I can answer bowling adjustments questions dealing with the body, the ball, the lanes and using your eyes to read the ball reaction. I can also answer "most" drilling questions about bowling balls. I will generally answer your questions within 2 days. I am truly a "software guy" who loves the human or people part of coaching. Any questions concerning ball drilling, we want to direct to the "hardware guy," the true expert regarding ball fitting! Ball fitting is what I consider to be your first priority in bowling! Thanks in advance Warren!!! It will always be about teamwork with me! A very special "thanks in advance" for any help with drilling questions I may receive! If your question is about "How to bowl better? physically and mentally," I am here for you. Anything else will most likely be sent to the question pool for consideration by other members. I recently began my first year of ball drilling(6/1/2010). Thank you. :-)

20 years in bowling as a coach and player. Annually I coach over 250 bowlers. Author: True Bowler Adjustments Bowling Book Facebook Testimonies: Facebook contacts 5000+!/TrueBowler

PBA Member USBC Coaches Association Member USBC/PBA Media Member Bowling Writers Association of America Member

True Bowler Adjustments bowling book,Author - Copywrite 12/2008 Radio shows - "Let's Go Bowling" and "The 13th Frame Radio Show" / Jan 2010 feature article in The National Bowling Association (TNBA) Magazine pg.29, writer Dustin Markowitz - March 25, 2012-What Happened to Bowling#16 Los Angeles Senate (TNBA Online Newsletter, "Ask Coach Oatis") 1500 members Questions Answered - 300 Responses.

Gary L. Oatis,MSgt,USAF(Ret.) Associates of Science in Radiological Technology (we x-ray the cores of bowling balls as practice phantoms sometimes!) PBA Coach and USBC Silver Certified Coach Journeyman, Pro Shop Staff Member, Nadeau-Haynes Bowling Supply, Las Vegas, NV.

299's, 297's, 290's, 288, no 300's or 800's "yet!"

Charles Nibert - USBC Senior Masters Champion and Alaskian State Champion Randy Stiedl also of Alaska recently shot 800! Numberous PBA Regional Bowlers who compete across the US. Zach Hattori $64,000 scholarship winner from Las Vegas, NV. Shawn Crossley, $10,000 Amateur Bowling Tour Winner 05/2011. Haley Rubin of Sioux Falls, South Dakota, won $7,500 in scholarship funds at the prestigious North Pointe Competition helded in Las Vegas, 2010. Lareece Chambers first female to bowl a perfect game in her bowling center, Victorville, California. Most enjoyable, are my local Las Vegas bowlers. Many have won their 1st ABT or JBT tournaments with my help. I am grateful to every bowler who puts their trust in me. Helping them apply bowling knowledge to reach their goals is truly the best fun I have ever experienced in my lifetime.