Bowling/follow through

Question
I'M HAVING A PROBLEM FOLLOWING THROUGH IN MY DELIVERY. INSTEAD OF REACHING FOR THE SKY.
I'LL SHORT ARM MY DELIVERY OR COME ACROSS MY BODY.
WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS. MY TEAM-MATES WILL TELL ME I'M NOT COMING UP AND I WILL DO IT THAT ONE TIME BUT WHEN I'MUP FOR MY NEXT DELIVERY I WILL SHORT ARM OR COME ACROSS MY BODY. IF I CAN CORRECT THIS I KNOW I'LL BE A BETTER BOWLER. WHY AM I NOT DOING THIS EVERY TIME. HAVING TROUBLE FOLLOWING THROUGH CONSISSTANTLY
THIS HAS BEEN A PROBLEM OF MINE FOR A LONG TIME. I NEED TO FIX THIS NOW. THANKS FOR ANSWERING MY ?.:)

Answer
www.TrueBowlerAdjustments.com
www.TrueBowlerAdjustme  
Charles, thanks for your question about following through. The top thing on my list as a professional coach is working from the bowling ball back through the bowler. To start, you have to ask yourself do you like your ball reaction? If that is a no, then you have to look at your release. If that is a no, then you have to look at your swing. If that is a no, then you have to look at your balance at the line. If that is a no then there is the 1st problem you have to solve. Your balance at the line can be so suspect that a bowler really can't be consistent because their brain and focus have to shift immediately from the delivery to catching themselves, less they end up over the line or falling off the shot. There are many things that cause loss of balance at the line. Improper ball fit, ball is too heavy, rushing the foul line, fear of the foul line, dry conditions, improper footing, tempo or cadence, figure 8 swings, even down to the shoe of a bowler being to slick, or even too sticky.
 I could take a stab at it and tell you to simply pick up a house ball and start retraining yourself to follow though. What I mean by that is for you to use a lighter weight ball to practice with so you can begin the process of releasing, or rolling the ball off your hand at the proper moment. You would probably have to go light, at first. Then start to check when and at what ball weight do you begin to loose your balance, or not be able to accomplish the follow through because of old muscle memory. Retraining is not an easy task for anyone. However it is always worth it, if you are focused and have a goal in mind you want to succeed at.
  Best advise always Charles is for you to seek out a USBC certified coach. Remember I wrote a lot of things that could go wrong. Didn't mention your back,your trail leg, your slide foot being crooked at the line, your big toe being down, leading with your heal, geese....I'll just stop there.  :-) I am sure you get my point. I love helping bowlers. Somehow I think I help mostly by pointing out so many ways its not that simple to change something a bowler has been doing for a long, long time. The most compelling evidence you can get to guide you in your effort to retrain your body to deliver the ball, is to do a video of yourself, so you can look at everything I mentioned. It can be overwhelming. However with a good coach, and your desire to succeed, I know you will make it work! Take care and God's Blessings to you Charles.- Coach

Bowling

Gary L. Oatis, PBA Coach and USBC Silver Level Coach, PBA Member, Pro Shop Staff Member