Boxers/Dental Care / Gum Disease

miascloset wrote at 2014-06-25 02:06:55
My Boxer lived to 13 which I was told was very old for a Boxer. 20 years is just not true in this breed.

She also had oral surgery for epulides which cost $750 but it was a severe case. This is a common problem in this breed and it does need to be taken care of. I would get a second opinion though.

Jennifer Walker

I can *accurately* answer questions on breeding and genetics, including coat colors and white markings; breed-specific issues; general health and genetic disease; nutrition and raw diet; behavior and training; conformation showing; and basic obedience and agility competition.

I have owned Boxers for 14 years; I bred my first litter (which produced my first AKC Champion) in 1999; I am an Officer of my local Boxer Club and a Committee Member and Committee Chair of the American Boxer Club; I answer all e-mail inquiries from the American Boxer Club website; I moderate several Boxer-related message forums and mailing lists, administrate one of each, and actively participate on many others.

Michigan Boxer Club
American Boxer Club
American Boxer Charitable Foundation
Midwest Boxer Health Alliance (Founder)
Boxer Crazy Forum (Administrator)

My articles have appeared in:
Boxers 101 Blog
The Boxer Ring magazine
Boxer Champions - 1988-2004 (Camino Books)

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science from Michigan State University; since graduation I have taken online seminars on canine nutrition, breeding, and health.