Boxers/brok my 1 year old boxer

brok is a great dog,but when someone comes over he goes crazy for the first ten minutes with pure excitement. to the point of no control. please help, i dont want people not liking him.

This behavior should have been taught as a puppy- not a year later.

But, you can still help re-train the behavior.

When you have company coming, put a leash on him and when answering the door, make him sit and allow them in.
When he becomes excited, tighten the leash taking control and verbally reprimand him and tell him to sit. Keep him in an area a couple feet from the door when answering it.

If this doesn't work in a few weeks of practice, I suggest watching Cesar Millam the "Dog Whisper" on National Geography Channel or online.

He teaches asserting your calmness and control onto your dog and changing hteir excited state into a calm state.  

Jannie Balliett

I can answer any questions a Boxer owner might have concerning genetics, breeding, gestation, whelping, personality, character traits, health, needs and requirements, and family dynamics, including aggression and behavioral issues, including other pets in the household. I can help with aggression modification. PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER. I RESEARCH AND DONATE MY TIME FOR THE CAUSE OF ALL BOXERS' WELL BEING. DO NOT ASK ME IF YOU DO NOT RATE THE ANSWER. ASK ANOTHER EXPERT IF YOU DO NOT RATE. If you do not rate-- I must ban you from my expertise.

I have over ten years as a owner and breeder, early training, and behavior modification.

Organizations, Boxers Breeders Association, Boxer Rescue Austin Chapter,

Boxer owner, breeder, and trainer.