Boxers/Not feeling well

Hi Jannie,

I have a male boxer, 11 months old, 61 lbs, named Mack.
This morning, after I took him outside, he was lying in my bed as always sleeping while I left for 10 minutes. I came home, checked to see if he was still asleep, and he was still in the same position as when I left. I turned to exit the room and I started to hear him urinating, all the while he was sleeping. After I woke him up and removed the sheets from my bed, he slowing walked into the living room and laid on the floor. I took him out immediately where he urinated again, only a small amount. Roughly 20 minutes later, he was sitting on the floor, yawned, and proceeded to urinate again, also only a small amount, though I don't believe he did it on purpose considering he was still sitting. Yesterday he was fine; playful, full of energy. Today, it's a struggle to keep his eyes open because he's so tired. Yesterday evening I gave him his Trifexus with a full meal, which he has never had trouble taking.

I did take him to the vet 2 days ago thinking he may have had a UTI but everything came back fine. (about a week ago he'd urinated in the floor 15 minutes after going outside, but had been feeling fine)

What do you think it could be?

Thanks a bunch :)

I hate to say this, but go to a different vet.

It is a urinary infection, kidney infection, testicle infection which can be caused by fleas, or more serious.

Your vet is not taking in consider of all the possibilities it could be.

Get a new vet.

(It could be extremely serious with the lethargic symptom.  

Jannie Balliett

I can answer any questions a Boxer owner might have concerning genetics, breeding, gestation, whelping, personality, character traits, health, needs and requirements, and family dynamics, including aggression and behavioral issues, including other pets in the household. I can help with aggression modification. PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER. I RESEARCH AND DONATE MY TIME FOR THE CAUSE OF ALL BOXERS' WELL BEING. DO NOT ASK ME IF YOU DO NOT RATE THE ANSWER. ASK ANOTHER EXPERT IF YOU DO NOT RATE. If you do not rate-- I must ban you from my expertise.

I have over ten years as a owner and breeder, early training, and behavior modification.

Organizations, Boxers Breeders Association, Boxer Rescue Austin Chapter,

Boxer owner, breeder, and trainer.