Boxers/black spots on ears

Kenzie is a 21/2 old female boxer.  Over the last month she has developed small (the size of a pencil eraser) black spots on the inside flaps of her ears.  I had her to the vet who said she had never seen them before but didn't seem concerned about them.  Do you know what they could be?  I read Boxers are prone to cancer...could they be cancer.  They are not raised at all.  She has 2-3 on each ear.  
Thanks for your help

If your vet didn't bother to test her ears, taking a skin scraping, etc., then I highly recommend you change vets.

You need a vet that will test and diagnosis the problem then treat it.

This is inexcusable.

As far as what it is, I couldn't say, as all I could think of is ear mites or fleas.

Jannie Balliett

I can answer any questions a Boxer owner might have concerning genetics, breeding, gestation, whelping, personality, character traits, health, needs and requirements, and family dynamics, including aggression and behavioral issues, including other pets in the household. I can help with aggression modification. PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER. I RESEARCH AND DONATE MY TIME FOR THE CAUSE OF ALL BOXERS' WELL BEING. DO NOT ASK ME IF YOU DO NOT RATE THE ANSWER. ASK ANOTHER EXPERT IF YOU DO NOT RATE. If you do not rate-- I must ban you from my expertise.

I have over ten years as a owner and breeder, early training, and behavior modification.

Organizations, Boxers Breeders Association, Boxer Rescue Austin Chapter,

Boxer owner, breeder, and trainer.