Boxers/Hair shedding

Question
I have a 7 month old white male boxer. He has been shedding hair and it shows quite pronounced on our rug. My question regards fish oil supplement. Is it effective? If so, can you recommend dosage?

Answer
http://www.dogforums.com/dog-grooming-forum/71878-shedding-oil-supplement.html

Call your vet and ask about dosage: how many mg per day, etc.

Fish oil improves the coat that might help decrease shedding, however, shedding is an indication of thyroid disorder.

I highly suggest that you take him to your vet and talk with him or her, and get a thyroid test done. It's a matter of taking some blood and testing it. If thyroid is the problem, a pill a day or twice a day will regulate he thyroid and thus, stop the excess shedding as well..........

Boxers

Jannie Balliett