Boxers/Boxer pup limb weakness

Hi, we have an 11 week old male boxer pup who has had a rapid onset of rear leg weakness. At first he was a little unsteady and just looked stiff when standing or sitting, mainly in the rear legs. Over a 2-3 day period this has become a lot worse, he struggles to stand from sitting and can't stand from lying .. We have had x rays, bloods uncluding I think muscle enzyme tests, joint tap which appears normal also.. It seems, although hard to pin point that the joints are a bit tender to touch but he still seems to have good range if movement. Appetite and toilet behaviour is normal, no temp etc...
Any ideas, comments would be Appreciated!

If the vet has run tests to determine any physical problems and cannot find any, then it must be neurological.

Also, it is a symptom of distemper, a symptom of parvo, etc.

That does not mean it is, however, he could have been born with a neurological problem or aquired the problem from an injury. Either way, you must see a specialist; a vet that specializes in neurological problems. (also, did the vet check his spine?)

Please let me know what the specialist finds in a follow-up.

Jannie Balliett

I can answer any questions a Boxer owner might have concerning genetics, breeding, gestation, whelping, personality, character traits, health, needs and requirements, and family dynamics, including aggression and behavioral issues, including other pets in the household. I can help with aggression modification. PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER. I RESEARCH AND DONATE MY TIME FOR THE CAUSE OF ALL BOXERS' WELL BEING. DO NOT ASK ME IF YOU DO NOT RATE THE ANSWER. ASK ANOTHER EXPERT IF YOU DO NOT RATE. If you do not rate-- I must ban you from my expertise.

I have over ten years as a owner and breeder, early training, and behavior modification.

Organizations, Boxers Breeders Association, Boxer Rescue Austin Chapter,

Boxer owner, breeder, and trainer.