Boxers/boxer dog

I have a 2 1/2 year old female boxer that I just sprayed and she was going into heat. Can her 6 month son try to mate with her and if so is he a intact male? Spay/Neuter clinic told me to keep her away from intact males. Thank you for your help.

Okay, let me get this straight. You have a 2 1/2 year old female that was of course, having her normal heat cycles then you had her spayed. Now, she will no longer have heats and not able to breed. Right?

I don't know why her 6 month old son, or any male, would try to breed with her when she is not secreting hormones as she did when she was having heats before being spayed.

If her puppy mounts her, it is more than likely his way of displaying dominance over her. Puppies as young as 3 months old play and mount one another to display dominance and superiority. It is not sexual.

As far as keeping her away from males dogs that are not neutered, this is because she will be aggressive to them if they try anything with her, however, they will smell but should not try to mount. Call the clinic and ask them why they told you that.

Dogs only breed when the hormones are discreted in heats.

Jannie Balliett

I can answer any questions a Boxer owner might have concerning genetics, breeding, gestation, whelping, personality, character traits, health, needs and requirements, and family dynamics, including aggression and behavioral issues, including other pets in the household. I can help with aggression modification. PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER. I RESEARCH AND DONATE MY TIME FOR THE CAUSE OF ALL BOXERS' WELL BEING. DO NOT ASK ME IF YOU DO NOT RATE THE ANSWER. ASK ANOTHER EXPERT IF YOU DO NOT RATE. If you do not rate-- I must ban you from my expertise.

I have over ten years as a owner and breeder, early training, and behavior modification.

Organizations, Boxers Breeders Association, Boxer Rescue Austin Chapter,

Boxer owner, breeder, and trainer.