Boxers/boxer nervous disorders

Question
I have a 8 year old boxer, male. Sometimes his head will shake from side to side without him doing it. This can also take place while he is walking. What do you think is the problem? Is this only with boxers and what should I do? Is there a pill for this or is it a surgical problem?

Answer
I'm sorry it took so long to answer as my internet was out.

This is a neurological problem; and could be focal seizures which is also a neurological disorder, or epilepsy which is a neuro problem as well.

Take him to your vet. He or she will probably refer you to a canine neurologist unless he or she is qualified to run neurological testing.

Good luck and please keep me posted.

Boxers

Jannie Balliett