Boxers/Best boxer breeders

I'm looking for a list of the top/best boxer breeders in the U.S. known to breed healthy beautiful boxer puppies.

Hi Ashley,

Breeder ranking is very subjective, and there is no list of the "top" Boxer breeders. What's important is to find a knowledgeable, honest breeder that health tests their dogs before breeding them, obtains objective evaluations of their dogs' adherence to the breed standard, and ensures their dogs have stable temperaments and raises their puppies to that end. Beyond that it depends on what you want in a Boxer -- while a well-bred Boxer can do well at pretty much anything you ask of it, your breeder will be your mentor so you want someone experienced in your area of interest. If you're looking for a show puppy, you'd want to find a breeder that participates successfully in conformation; if you want to do Agility, find a breeder whose dogs are titled in Agility, same for Obedience, Rally, Herding, Coursing, Barn Hunt, Dock Diving, etc. The Boxer is an all-around dog, but most owners only have the time, energy, or money for one or two activities!

If you're simply looking for a well-bred, healthy, typey, stable, long-lived Boxer puppy that looks like a Boxer should look and acts like a Boxer should act, then any responsible breeder whose policies and practices align with yours would fit the bill. I have some examples of questions to ask breeders on my website that should help you get started:

Good luck!  

Jennifer Walker

I can *accurately* answer questions on breeding and genetics, including coat colors and white markings; breed-specific issues; general health and genetic disease; nutrition and raw diet; behavior and training; conformation showing; and basic obedience and agility competition.

I have owned Boxers for 14 years; I bred my first litter (which produced my first AKC Champion) in 1999; I am an Officer of my local Boxer Club and a Committee Member and Committee Chair of the American Boxer Club; I answer all e-mail inquiries from the American Boxer Club website; I moderate several Boxer-related message forums and mailing lists, administrate one of each, and actively participate on many others.

Michigan Boxer Club
American Boxer Club
American Boxer Charitable Foundation
Midwest Boxer Health Alliance (Founder)
Boxer Crazy Forum (Administrator)

My articles have appeared in:
Boxers 101 Blog
The Boxer Ring magazine
Boxer Champions - 1988-2004 (Camino Books)

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science from Michigan State University; since graduation I have taken online seminars on canine nutrition, breeding, and health.