Boxing/boxing

Question
hey sir i used to box when i was 12 in California but now im in Canada. i also have trained with superstar zab Judah once, met with other pro;s, im 17 now and im starting to box again. i switched over to football/basketball in the past recent years. i am in shape, have low body fat, and the desire to do anything to succeed, and i mean ANYTHING, i will even give up sleep and food for that. i was wondering if i keep training and boxing can i be a pro fighter, it was my dream to do that. i will do anything to be in that position.

Answer
Jake,

At 17 you have plenty of time to train and see what happens. Once you turn "open" amateur, (if your not already) I suggest getting at least 50 fights and then re-evaluate at that time. Experience is extremely important before turning pro. If you don't get a fair amount of open fights as amateur, the big dogs in the pros won't even look at you.
Your goal should be to make it to a national level tournament. If you could make it to a semi final or even final would be great. This will increase your stock before going pro.

Get a good trainer and give it a shot. But don't throw all your eggs into one basket. Pro boxing success is a longshot, have another profession or solid education to keep your career going in the right direction.

Good Luck

Boxing

Jack Rose