Boxing/boxing

Question
Hello, My name is Saif and im from Iraq, im 19 years old weight 159 height 5"8. I want to be a boxer (boxing career) and im ready to work very hard to get to ranks. I am also new to boxing and i dont know anything about it. I don't know what talented is or how to get/find your talent. If there was a talented person and a normal person (like me) will hard work beat talent or not?. A lot of people told me that im to old to start because the world champions started when they were kinds and im starting at 19 years old. Am i to old to make boxing my career ( I LOVE BOXING REALLY BAD)?. Thanks for taking your time answering this question it means the world to me.

Answer
Hi Saif - the best thing you can do is find a coach and a gym where you can begin to train as an amateur boxer.  I don't know anything about boxing in Iraq, but that country does have an amateur boxing association you can contact (see below).  You might want to start by emailing them for information.  Yes, most boxers start at a much younger age than you but that doesn't mean you can't learn to be a good boxer.  It just takes focus and dedication and consistent training.  Best of luck to you.  Please let me know how you're doing.  

Iraqi Boxing Federation

c/o Iraqi National Olympic Committee
Palestine Street
P.O. Box 441
Baghdad
Iraq

Email :    iraqiboxing@yahoo.com
Phone :    +964 7709410312
Fax :   +964 17763896

Boxing

Melanie Ley