Boxing/Boxing Seattle area.

Hi, I am 20 and I have had 3 amateur mma fights 2-1. I have two questions. First question is, like mcdojo's I have seen lots of cardio boxing gyms and like just not legit boxing gyms. I have been trying to find a respectable gym that I could work my boxing for mma in the area and I really wanted someone who actually knew more about boxing than me to suggest one. Also I am 6'1 fighting at 145 so I really have wanted to go train somewhere that is known for training good lanky boxers? I will travel and train my stand-up I fish in alaska so I have lots of time and enough money to live and train. You must notice the lack of stand up in mma and I already compete in advanced in brazilian jiu jitsu so in previous fights I have controlled the ground. But I am not scared of getting hit and don't think I have a weak chin (hasn't really been tested lol) THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Try to find a golden gloves or PAL facility. They will be legit. Stay away from health clubs and boxing for fitness joints. I am not from the area but there is a place called White Center PAL Boxing in Seattle. I know nothing about this place other than they are PAL so it gives me a better feeling than the others I found online.
There should be some sparring for you. 145 is a popular weight so there is usually plenty of sparring. Boxing skills would be very valuable for you as it sounds like you have a good reach. You could keep a lot of guys at bay with your jab and take a few out with a good straight right hand...before you even get close enough to go to the ground.

Good luck

Jack Rose

I can answer any questions related to boxing and training. I can help anyone prepare for professional or amateur bouts. My trainer/boss of 30 years is in the Golden Gloves Hall of Fame and was either the trainer or special adviser to the former heavyweight champion of the world Big John Tate, Evander Holyfield, Roy Jones Jr., Bernard Taylor, Billy Bridges, Frankie Randall just to name a few. He was also the President of the National Golden Gloves.

I have been in the sport of boxing since 1984. I started as a boxer and advanced quickly. I was lucky enough to have some of the best sparring in the country with 3 top ten pros in my very gym. I am fortunate enough to live near one of the better boxing programs in the country. We have cultivated our facility into the largest Amateur Boxing Gym in the country. In the mid 90's I became a trainer for Golden Gloves. I train amateur and pro fighters. I have worked in many corners at USA and Golden Glove tournaments. I have worked corners in pro bouts on HBO and ESPN cards. My friend, boss and coach is the former President of Golden Gloves and I trained under his tutelage.

I am a certified Golden Gloves/USA Boxing Coach. I am also a licensed to work pro bouts in several states. I head coach of the Southern Golden Gloves National Team.

College, Pro Licenses, USA Boxing Certified, Certified Judge/Referee, Certified Fitness Trainer