Boxing/Boxing basics

Question
QUESTION: Hello I am 22 years old.I am interested in boxing.I am going to start it next week.I want to know is 4 month period enough to learn boxing basics and main techniques if train hard 3 times a week? Let me tell you I have been engaged in street workout for 2 years my core strength and physical power are very well.What do you think ? Regards

ANSWER: Yes you can learn some basics in a 4 month training period but the big qualifier is trainer and who he might be.

Joe

QUESTION: OK one more thing my trainer is a double world champion and some titles in continent tournaments.He has many students who won many titles.I have very strong punches even if I haven't done any boxing before.My aim is not to be a champion simply learn some combinations and carry them out in my fights properly without making in mind. I will work combinations hard I am sure 3 times in the gym and the rest at home.What do you think what level can I achieve if i work out hard on it in 4-5 months? just your opinion please.

Answer
The answer is somewhat subjective because nobody knows your natural talent and skill level.  Everybody is different and so is their training.  Some people need more and some need less.  Just a simple answer based on the average is yes it is possible, but no one could say for sure.

Joe

Boxing

Joe Hofer