Boxing/Boxing basics

QUESTION: Hello I am 22 years old.I am interested in boxing.I am going to start it next week.I want to know is 4 month period enough to learn boxing basics and main techniques if train hard 3 times a week? Let me tell you I have been engaged in street workout for 2 years my core strength and physical power are very well.What do you think ? Regards

ANSWER: Yes you can learn some basics in a 4 month training period but the big qualifier is trainer and who he might be.

QUESTION: OK one more thing my trainer is a double world champion and some titles in continent tournaments.He has many students who won many titles.I have very strong punches even if I haven't done any boxing before.My aim is not to be a champion simply learn some combinations and carry them out in my fights properly without making in mind. I will work combinations hard I am sure 3 times in the gym and the rest at home.What do you think what level can I achieve if i work out hard on it in 4-5 months? just your opinion please.

The answer is somewhat subjective because nobody knows your natural talent and skill level.  Everybody is different and so is their training.  Some people need more and some need less.  Just a simple answer based on the average is yes it is possible, but no one could say for sure.

Joe Hofer

I can answer most questions regarding boxing instruction and or various training methods. Training for beginners or experienced professionals. I can also answer questions regarding effective weight loss.

I have trained beginning boxers as well as accomplished professionals. I have owned and managed my own gym outside of Atlanta Georgia and currently do personilized boxing instruction and training in Tampa Florida. I have promoted professional boxing shows in St. Louis, Missouri including several World and State Championships. I have Supervised a World Championship for the International Boxing Organization and the World Boxing Board of which I am currently on their Board of Directors.

High School Graduate