Boxing/goin distance

Hi Jackson, Ive been sparrin a pro fighter,we usually spar bout 3rds and I do well pretty tired after 3 though. Without talkin anykind of fitness like runnin etc, what can I do while in the ring to do more rounds. It sucks when you do good up to 3rds and your tired and he's fresh and you know you in trouble. Me and my pro trainin partner talkin goin 8rds. So help what can I do in the ring to go more and still punch and def to do 8rds tks Jackson

It's going to be more about what you do out of the ring. You have to hit the road...on foot. It's a combination of running and jumping rope at this point.
You need to be able to run 3 miles at least 3 times a week. Jump rope for 20 minutes 3 days a week as well.

As far as the ring you need to work on pacing yourself. Usually you go hard for half the round and soft for half the round depending on who your boxing and if your ahead or behind. As far as sparring, just work on mixing up your pace. After you go hard for a few seconds you need to back off and keep a jab in his face while you get your wind back.
When your inside, never let your opponent lean on you. Either you lean on him or you step to the side and stop supporting his weight, it makes you tired faster and fatigues your muscles.

good luck

Jack Rose

I can answer any questions related to boxing and training. I can help anyone prepare for professional or amateur bouts. My trainer/boss of 30 years is in the Golden Gloves Hall of Fame and was either the trainer or special adviser to the former heavyweight champion of the world Big John Tate, Evander Holyfield, Roy Jones Jr., Bernard Taylor, Billy Bridges, Frankie Randall just to name a few. He was also the President of the National Golden Gloves.

I have been in the sport of boxing since 1984. I started as a boxer and advanced quickly. I was lucky enough to have some of the best sparring in the country with 3 top ten pros in my very gym. I am fortunate enough to live near one of the better boxing programs in the country. We have cultivated our facility into the largest Amateur Boxing Gym in the country. In the mid 90's I became a trainer for Golden Gloves. I train amateur and pro fighters. I have worked in many corners at USA and Golden Glove tournaments. I have worked corners in pro bouts on HBO and ESPN cards. My friend, boss and coach is the former President of Golden Gloves and I trained under his tutelage.

I am a certified Golden Gloves/USA Boxing Coach. I am also a licensed to work pro bouts in several states. I head coach of the Southern Golden Gloves National Team.

College, Pro Licenses, USA Boxing Certified, Certified Judge/Referee, Certified Fitness Trainer